Hedgehog Fibers released a *new* base last year with a cool backstory, but it ran out super fast...leaving us all feeling a bit needy for Tweedy...but good news...we just got a fresh shipment. And there's a new color!
"I'm really excited about this new base I've been working on for a while," says HHF owner Beata Jezek. "It's a tweed yarn and the colored bits are our own hand-dyed waste - the ties we take off the hand dyed skeins. We save them very diligently and it's a labor of love."
"We are always looking for ways to be more environmentally friendly and to minimize waste. On top of our thread we are using recycled wool, making 50% of total content recycled. I love the result! It's soft, yet wooly and not superwash. It blooms beautifully after washing," Beata said.
Beata designed her free "Fortune Cookie" shawl pattern especially to show off Tweedy. Knit it up with 4 skeins on size 9 needles. The pattern is free on the Hedgehog site or Ravelry.
Shop HHF Tweedy in both colors here.
Casapinka has done it again...and this time it's a step up from a shawl...it's a "Noncho!"
When you purchase yarn for this project, between now and April 30, you'll receive a special code to download this new pattern for *free!* Thanks, Casapinka! 💗
"Noncho" is written for two colors of DK weight yarn. It stays nicely in place, and will keep your shoulders cozy on a spring evening.
You'll love our special Noncho kits with Mitchell's Creations' Audubon DK in "Flower Bomb" and Kim Dyes Yarn's Cheesecake DK in "Whipped Cream." Or, get creative with your favorite color combinations in Lady Dye DK!
Choose your favorite Noncho yarn here.
Mother's Day is just around the corner (May 9th!) and we have a sweet, useful gift idea for you.
These adorable "I llove you momma" keepsake trays are 4"L x 5.5"W x .5"H, perfect for keeping stitch markers and tapestry needles at your fingertips. Pair this with a Loops gift card for the perfect gift for Mom! 💗
Purchase llama notions trays here.
Purchase Loops gift cards here.
(HINT: Forward this email to those who might be looking to shop for you! 🌸)
"25-Minute Grilled Pork Chops with Succotash" from the Food Network cooks up on your indoor *or* outdoor grill in a flash! ⚡️
2 medium yellow tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for oiling the grill grates
4 bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick (about 3 pounds)
4 ears yellow corn, shucked
1 large red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds (about 8 ounces)
One 15-ounce can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup roughly-chopped fresh parsley
1. Prepare a grill or large grill pan for medium-high heat.
Put the tomatoes into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Put the sour cream, lime zest and juice, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Reserve.
3. Lightly oil the grill grates. Brush the pork with 2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Arrange the pork on one side of the grill (leave room for grilling the vegetables) and cook until lightly charred on both sides and thermometer inserted into the deepest part of a chop registers 140° F (~5 minutes per side). Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
4. Brush the corn and onion liberally with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and arrange them on the grill. Cook the corn until lightly charred -6 to 8 minutes- rotating and flipping so they cook evenly. Transfer the vegetables to a cutting board and when cool enough to handle, cut the corn away from the cobs and quarter the onion rounds. Add the veggies, black-eyed peas and half of the parsley to the same large bowl with the tomatoes. Gently toss to combine. Season to taste.
5. Next to your porkchops, divide the succotash in 4 servings and top with a dollop of the sour cream mixture. Garnish with parsley and take a pic before you taste! 📸