Emma's Yarn for Veera Välimäki
- “Bixbite” Shawl - “Bixbite” shawl, named after the gemstone, plays with all the stripes! The shawl’s lovely bias construction and ever-changing stripes, paired with the perfect colors will surely keep you going row after row.
- “Halfway” Wrap - This wonderfully simple rectangular wrap is striped with halfway stripes from one side using short rows and spiced up with two intarsia stripes.
- "Happy Street" Shawl - Splash some more color into the Spring! This shawl features short rows and garter stitch. It is a graphic and symmetrical shallow-crescent shawl, with three color sequences of stripes.
Suggested Yarn: Emma’s Yarn Splendid Singles
Emma’s Yarn Splendid Singles is a single-ply base that shows off the colors beautifully and looks and feels incredibly soft. Great for any of your favorite fingering weight projects!
The kit includes: (The kits are the same regardless of the shawl you decide to make.)
- 1 Skein of Emma’s Yarn Splendid Singles in colorway "Legal Tender"
- 1 Skein of Emma’s Yarn Splendid Singles in colorway "Don't Call Me Peaches"
- 1 Skein of Emma’s Yarn Splendid Singles in colorway "Bohemian Market"
Fiber: 100% Single Ply Superwash Merino
Gauge Designation: Fingering
Needles: US 2-6 (28 sts = 4in)
Care: Gentle machine wash or hand wash cold, lay flat to dry
Project Yarn Requirements: All three shawls use approximately the same yardage
- Color A - Approximately 380 yards
- Color B - Approximately 380 yards
- Color C - Approximately 380 yards