What to do, see, eat, and pack for your big visit to Tulsa.
You’ve always dreamed of a trip to the land of Loops…hand-dyed fibers, exclusive patterns, and friendly faces as far as the eye can see!
But can you make a weekend of it? You betcha! Tulsa is a booming city full of green, rolling hills, world-renowned museums, eclectic shopping and some of the world’s best food – hello, steaks, BBQ and Tex-Mex!
We’ve put together this little primer to help you make the most of your Loops-travaganza!
“Yarn should always be the best part of your day!” – Shelley, Loops Founder and CEO
We’re in the middle and easy to get to!
Located at the intersection of several interstate highways, and with its own international airport, Tulsa is easily accessible by car or air.
To get here from Interstate 44, exit I-44 at Yale and head south about 1.5 miles. KingsPointe Village (where Loops is located) will be on your right. To get here from the Creek Turnpike, exit Yale and head north 3.5 miles. KingsPointe will be on your left.
Find the latest Tulsa flight info here.
First visit Shelley’s faves.
Naturally, upon arriving in Tulsa you’ll want to beeline straight to Loops! Here you’ll find yarn selections in every price range, including tons of exclusives, luxury fibers like cashmere, and warm-weather favorites like linen, cotton and silk. Shop the famous Hot Loops Wall and chat up the Loops Troops, who are always happy to help with color choices, project pairings and complimentary winding!
You’re sure to work up an appetite while shopping…so check out some of Shelley’s favorite eateries like nearby Neighborhood Jam for an over-the-top breakfast, Chicken Salad Chick (try Lauryn’s Lemon Basil!), Hideaway Pizza (can’t miss the garlic knots!), or Mahogany Prime Steakhouse for a fine dining experience you’ll never forget. Or take a short drive downtown to visit BurnCo for the best ribs you’ve ever tasted (no lie!), and Glacier Chocolatier for, well…need we say more?!
When it’s time to rest up for another day of yarn shopping, try the historic downtown Mayo Hotel for a one-of-a-kind experience…or just walk across the street from Loops to the Doubletree Hotel at Warren Place.
Next, explore farther afield - in Tulsa and beyond.
There’s plenty here to fill up a weekend – or even a whole week! Bring the family or a fellow yarn lover, spend each morning at Loops, then hop in the car and head out on a different adventure each day! Here are some of our favorite spots.
• Gathering Place – Named America’s Best New Attraction by USA Today, Gathering Place is a public park located alongside the Arkansas River, spanning over 100 acres and offering one-of-a-kind playgrounds, gardens, trails, boat rentals, restaurants and so much more.
• Greenwood / Black Wall Street – Learn the under-shared history and seek a deeper understanding.
• Brookside / Center 1 – Explore shops, galleries and local restaurants that span the gamut from sophisticated to sporty, fabulous to funky and everything in between.
• Philbrook Museum of Art – Set in the historic home of Waite and Genevieve Phillips with expansive formal gardens, an impressive permanent collection as well as eclectic traveling exhibits.
• Gilcrease Museum – Represents hundreds of Indigenous cultures from across North and South America.
• The Pioneer Woman Mercantile – About an hour’s drive from Tulsa, but oh-so-worth it to shop the famous Mercantile and dine on Ree Drummond’s famous Chicken Fried Steak and freshly baked pies.
• Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve – Near the Pioneer Woman Mercantile, the Preserve is the largest protected remnant of tallgrass prairie left on earth, where 2,500 free-ranging bison roam free.
• Oklahoma City National Memorial Museum – A little less than 2 hours from Tulsa stands this unforgettable memorial and museum. Visit what was once the footprint of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, and is now the Field of Empty Chairs, Reflecting Pool, Survivor’s Tree and Museum.
Here’s what to pack!
Tulsa has four distinct seasons and the weather is quite unpredictable! Of course, you’ll want to pack your YARN FIRST…after that, we suggest you go for comfort and of course, bring your latest knit to throw on and show off! Don’t be surprised if we ask to snap a pic :) – so as our mommas would say, pack your lip gloss!
A FUN BONUS for every first-time visitor…your very own Loops circle-handle bag! We love ‘em because they stand up on the floor and hold lots and lots of yarn!
COVID19 UPDATE: We care about your health at Loops! The Troops are wearing masks and we ask that you do, too. We’re also sanitizing like crazy, washing hands and practicing social distancing. And we’re ready to help you from a safe 6 feet!
Got questions? We’ve got answers!
Need some more travel tips? Need directions? Need the latest store hours? Just wanna chat? Hit us up!
• Call toll-free 866-566-7765
• Email email@example.com
• Find us on Facebook and Instagram @loopslove
Can’t wait to see you!