Urth’s Uneek self-striping sock kit in colorway “oranGGe.” Pattern is “Magnolia Socks” by Helen Stewart.
This week, I’m on the confession couch…
I’ve only ever knitted one sock.
Not one pair of socks, mind you. One. Single. Sock.
I needed to know I could do it, and it was fun to make…but the whole time I kept thinking, no one’s ever gonna see this! It’ll hide in my shoes and I’ll never get that “Whoa, did you MAKE that?” moment.
So when I finished that first sock, I fell victim to “second sock syndrome,” cast on a sweater and never looked back.
But now, two things have changed.
- We just got these amazing new Urth self-striping sock kits, including an awesome orange colorway created for Gaye Glasspie @ggmadeit …and…
- Confession #2: The new love of my life is really into fun socks. Oh, and he likes to cook for me so I have more time to knit. Can you say “knitworthy?” 🥰
I’m eyeing this rainbow colorway - the tall sock pattern is included in the kit, and there are 2 perfectly matched, self-striping cakes in each kit to take out the guesswork. Plus, Urth’s got this “Knit One, Plant One” project. For every kit sold, they plant a tree in Africa - 1,044 all together! 🌎
Shop our Urth Uneek Sock collection here.
Anyone else hate weaving in ends? 🙋♀️
In this clip from Knit Stars Masterclass Season 5, Åsa Söderman confesses “I'm a little obsessed with NOT cutting the yarn!"
So much so, she invented a whole seamless, top-down technique around it.
It’s called the Ziggurat method, and trust me, you need it in your toolbox (and in your Knit Stars library!)
Lucky for you, Season 5 is on sale this weekend - but the sale ends tonight at midnight.
Grab Season 5 on sale and get all of these online workshops to own forever:
💫 Åsa Söderman - Top Down Sweaters with the Ziggurat Method
💫 Francoise Danoy - Designing your First Pattern
💫 Gaye "GG" Glasspie - Finding your Authentic Voice
💫 Gayle Roehm - Exploring Beautiful Japanese Stitches from Charts
💫 Jacqueline Cieslak - Body Positive Knitting
💫 Tatiana Sarasa - Holistic Knitting and Plant-Based Dyeing
💫 Tian Connaughton - How to Get the Perfect Fit Every Time
💫 Tina Tse - Creating with Freestyle Modular Knitting
💫 Yumiko Alexander - Working with Plant-Based Fibers
💫 Meri Tanaka - the Making of Amirisu Magazine
Get Season 5 on sale until midnight tonight, here.
With 6,000 square feet of Flagship Store, you’d think we’d never run out of room, right?
Wrong! Why? Because we’re as obsessed with yarn as you…and there’s always more coming in! 😅
So we’re having our first-ever Flagship Sale - and you can shop it all online right here.
Order $100 or more during the sale, and we’ll send you one of our Knit Stars Totes FREE (a $49 value)!
A couple of Sale highlights…one of our favorite yarns, Tosh TML+ Tweed, is being discontinued. This is their #1 selling base, “Tosh Merino Light,” with some subtle tweed flecks added in.
We’ve got 11 exclusive colorways created just for us, in deep quantities (think big shawls and sweaters!), on sale 33% off this week.
Shelley used just one skein each of 3 colors TML + Tweed to make Lisa Hannes’ “Festival of Stitches” - a party of a knit, with a bunch of simple lace and mosaic stitches!
Or cast on “Ankers” by Petite Knit or “New Leaf” by Jennifer Steingass. Sweaters in this yarn work up with that rustic tweedy look, but next-to-skin softness …and the price is really right this week.
Shop TML + Tweed 33% off here.
We love Spun Right Round’s “Tough Sock” base, but need to make room for a new order. So it’s 20% off this week during our Flagship Sale.
Pick some up for your collection…With these juicy colorways, I promise it won’t languish long in your stash!
Or cast on right away for these “Vestigial Socks” by Beata Jezek, or “Through the Clouds,” a crochet shawl by Rachy Newin.
Have you ever been sitting on the couch all comfy with your latest project, reach in your bag and don’t have your tape measure?
Voila…Ruler Blanket to the rescue!
These soft, cozy and incredibly clever blankets are on sale this week, too. Grab one for yourself and stock your holiday gift closet while you’re at it!
When you’ve made a new recipe two weeks in a row, and then your college-aged daughter makes it the next week successfully…you know you’ve got a winner!
All made on one pan and in no time at all…this recipe from Half-Baked Harvest is a quick, vibrant, delicious summer meal! I even skipped the rice and just served the salmon on a mound of the salsa.
Crispy BBQ Salmon Bowls with Roasted Jalapeño Peach Salsa
- 4 (4-6 ounce) salmon filets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- kosher salt
- 2 peaches, quartered
- 1 ear corn
- 1-2 jalapeños
- 1 shallot, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, plus 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 cups rice, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil, honey, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. To the pan, add the peaches, corn, jalapeños, and shallots. Roast 10-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked to your liking. During the last minute, switch the oven to broil and broil until lightly charred. Set the fish aside.
3. To make the salsa. Dice the peaches, remove the corn kernels from the cob, and chop the jalapeños and shallot. Add everything to a bowl with the avocado, cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice.
4. Melt together the butter and garlic. Cook until the butter is browning and the garlic crisps. Add chili flakes and salt, to taste.
5. Serve the salmon and salsa over bowls of rice. Drizzle the butter over the salmon and top with basil or cilantro.